Specialization: In the course of specialization in psychiatry.
Experience: A graduate of the Medical University in Wrocław. In 2022, he obtained the title of doctor of medical sciences with honors. On a daily basis, he works in the inpatient department of the Psychiatry Clinic of the University Teaching Hospital in Wrocław, where he is gaining professional experience as part of a specialist training in psychiatry.
Training and scientific work: He constantly expands her knowledge and skills by participating in trainings and scientific conferences devoted to mental health. Apart from his clinical activity, he is also involved in research and teaching. He works as an assistant at the Chair and Clinic of Psychiatry, where he conducts teaching and research. His research interests include the use of biological treatment methods in psychiatry, with particular emphasis on transcranial magnetic stimulation.
Membership: From 2022, a member of the board of the Lower Silesian Branch of the Polish Psychiatric Association.
Other: Published works:
- Maciaszek, J.; Ciulkowicz, M.; Misiak, B.; Szczesniak, D.; Luc, D.; Wieczorek, T.; Fila-Witecka, K.; Gawlowski, P.; Rymaszewska, J. Mental Health of Medical and Non-Medical Professionals during the Peak of the COVID-19 Pandemic: A Cross-Sectional Nationwide Study. J. Clin. Med. 2020, 9, 2527. https://doi.org/10.3390/jcm9082527
- Maciaszek, J., Lenart, M., Misiak, B., Grzebieluch, J., Gawłowski, P., Ciułkowicz, M., Łuc, D., Szcześniak, D., & Rymaszewska, J. (2021). Unknown Enemy and Psychopathological Responses: A Cross-Sectional Nationwide Study Assessing the Knowledge About COVID-19. Frontiers in psychiatry, 12, 704558. https://doi.org/10.3389/fpsyt.2021.704558
- Maciaszek J, Lenart-Bugla M, Szcześniak D, Gawłowski P, Borowicz W, Misiak B, Rymaszewska J. Does Mental Health Affect the Decision to Vaccinate Against SARS-CoV-2? A Cross-Sectional Nationwide Study Before the Vaccine Campaign. Front Psychiatry. 2022 Feb 4;13:810529. doi: 10.3389/fpsyt.2022.810529.
- Szcześniak DM, Jawiarczyk-Przybyłowska A, Matusiak Ł, Bolanowska A, Maciaszek J, Siemińska M, Rymaszewska J, Bolanowski M: Is there any difference in acromegaly and other chronic disease in quality of life and psychiatric morbidity? Endokrynologia Polska 2017-04-24 ISSN: 0423-104X
- Szczesniak, D., Ciulkowicz, M., Maciaszek, J., Misiak, B., Luc, D., Wieczorek, T., Witecka, K. F., & Rymaszewska, J. (2020). Psychopathological responses and face mask restrictions during the COVID-19 outbreak: Results from a nationwide survey. Brain, behavior, and immunity, 87, 161–162. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bbi.2020.05.027
- Kołodziejczyk A, Misiak B, Szcześniak D, Maciaszek J, Ciułkowicz M, Łuc D, Wieczorek T, Fila-Witecka K, Chladzinska-Kiejna S, Rymaszewska J. Coping Styles, Mental Health, and the COVID-19 Quarantine: A Nationwide Survey in Poland. Front Psychiatry. 2021 Mar 11;12:625355. doi: 10.3389/fpsyt.2021.625355.
- Wieczorek T, Kołodziejczyk A, Ciułkowicz M, Maciaszek J, Misiak B, Rymaszewska J, Szcześniak D. Class of 2020 in Poland: Students’ Mental Health during the COVID-19 Outbreak in an Academic Setting. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health. 2021; 18(6):2884. https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph18062884
- Fila-Witecka K, Senczyszyn A, Kołodziejczyk A, Ciułkowicz M, Maciaszek J, Misiak B, Szcześniak D, Rymaszewska J. Lifestyle Changes among Polish University Students during the COVID-19 Pandemic. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health. 2021; 18(18):9571. https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph18189571
- Ciułkowicz, M., Maciaszek, J., Misiak, B., Pałȩga, A., Rymaszewska, J., & Szcześniak, D. M. (2021). Coping Strategies and Psychopathological Responses Among Medical and Non-medical Professionals – a Cross-Sectional Online Survey. Frontiers in psychiatry, 12, 663224. https://doi.org/10.3389/fpsyt.2021.663224
- Ciułkowicz M, Misiak B, Szcześniak D, Grzebieluch J, Maciaszek J, Rymaszewska J. The Portrait of Cyberchondria—A Cross-Sectional Online Study on Factors Related to Health Anxiety and Cyberchondria in Polish Population during SARS-CoV-2 Pandemic. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health. 2022; 19(7):4347. https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph19074347
- Maciaszek J, Pawłowski T, Hadryś T, Misiak B. Baseline depressive symptoms as predictors of efficacy and tolerability of the treatment with duloxetine: a network analysis approach. Front Psychiatry. 2023 Jun 16;14:1210289. doi: 10.3389/fpsyt.2023.1210289.
Participation in grants and scientific projects:
- Grant manager: CYP 2D6 and CYP 1A2 polymorphism and the effectiveness and tolerance of duloxetine in the treatment of depression, the project will be implemented in 2017-2020 from the funds of the Ministry of Science and Higher Education as part of the “Diamond Grant” project, 220 000PLN
- Main contractor of the scientific grant: „The role of COMT, 5-HT1A, 5-HTTLPR, BDNF, DRD2 and DRD3 polymorphisms as predictive factors of transcranial magnetic stimulation in patients with a depressive episode – RCT trial.” project for outstanding doctoral students co-financed by the project “Wroclaw Medical University as a Regional Center of Excellence in the field of medical sciences and health sciences”, implemented from 2020 to 2022, 50 000PLN.
- Project manager of the National Science Center NCN Preludium project: “The concept of allostatic burden as an attempt to understand the biological and psychopathological consequences of the refugee crisis”, worth PLN 209,972.